THE HILLBROOK INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE
Our interviews are a great way to get to know each other and to have a chat about the hopes and expectations you have for your child’s education. They are also an important opportunity to provide your family with a better understanding of our community, including our ethos, culture and the values of our school.
Our motto ‘In Balance We Grow’ is not simply four words under our logo and we hope you experience a sense of this balance.
Our aim is that you leave your interview knowing what Hillbrook has to offer and with all of your questions answered.
We would encourage both parents, where possible, to attend the interview with your child.
Enrichment – Learning Support
Please ensure you have advised us if you need a learning support interview in addition to your child’s general interview. This should have been done when booking your interview time. Providing us with as much information as possible regarding your child’s needs at school when completing the Parent Questionnaire will assist us to provide you with specific and relevant information for you and your child.
Make the most of your interview
It’s a good idea to have an informal conversation with your family, and your child, about the interview. We recommend you talk about the following:
* Why you think Hillbrook is the ideal school for your child.
* Gently discuss the interview process, reassuring your child that there are no right or wrong answers.
* Hillbrook interviews are nonselective and are not about judging your child’s ability, they are simply about us getting to know them and for them to get to know us. We want to know what makes your child happy, what interests them and to have the opportunity to answer any questions they (and you) may have about coming to Hillbrook.
* Our interviews do not affect the offering of a place at Hillbrook. Our offers are based on date order of enrolment, factoring in relevant sibling connections.
* The interview is a compulsory part of the enrolment process as it helps families to decide if Hillbrook is the place for them.
* Prepare your child for a variety of questions. As well as academic questions, we will want to know more about your child, their siblings, their interests and their strengths.
And remember it’s all about them!
We understand it’s tempting to advocate for your child, however much of the interview conversation will be directed at them. It’s important that they are engaged with the interview and answering the questions unaided to the best of their ability.
We do understand some children will be nervous during the interview, this is okay and we will do our best to help them relax.
We encourage you to be open and honest about your hopes for your child’s education.
The interview stage is also the perfect time to chat about learning support and how we can assist and encourage your child.
If you’re not sure about something, please ask. This is an open discussion to help you make an informed and confident decision about your child’s education and we are here to help.
To ensure the safety and health of our staff and visiting families we will be complying with all current COVID requirements and will ensure interview stations are cleaned between interviews and hand sanitiser is available.