Electronic Device Warning

Our Enrolment Officer, Liz Laws, wanted to share that a house her daughter lived in until last year that was burnt in a fire on the weekend. The fire was caused by a laptop being left on charge sitting on the lounge room sofa. Fire investigators estimate the internal temperature of the house to have reached about 600 degrees. While the fire was largely contained to the lounge room, heat caused many of the fixtures, kitchen cabinetry and personal possessions to melt.

This is a reminder of how dangerous it is to leave laptops, etc on soft surfaces while they are charging.

Hillbrook Anglican School

Hillbrook Anglican School

X
X