Images: Artist impression of Hillbrook 2020 upgrade (BSPN Architecture)
We are proud to share with you the next chapter in Hillbrook's story that will see upgraded facilities, learning precincts, a village green and associated support facilities to our school.
The works will include:
- The creation of a Science and English precinct with seven state-of-the art Science laboratories including breakout spaces and EEI rooms;
- Six new English classrooms;
- A Library extension with a small auditorium;
- A new Cafeteria with Cafe area;
- A new Front Entrance and Administration building;
- New Uniform and Stationery Shop;
- End of Journey Bike Facility;
- A larger, central green space for the students to socialise.
The design concept has been developed around Hillbrook's vision and values:
- In Balance We Grow;
- Provide quality, engaging learning spaces that are consistent with Hillbrook's strong academic results;
- Continue to develop a high-quality campus while remaining a moderate fee school;
- Retain the core philosophy of Hillbrook as a school centred around adolescence and thinking, quality teaching and learning and a sense of community;
- Provide larger spaces that provide contact with the natural world.
A continued focus on environmental sustainability, including:
- 50,000 litre water storage tanks for irrigation and amenities
- A state of the art Building Management System to maximise energy efficiencies with air conditioning
- All classrooms built to maximise ventilation and light
- LED lighting throughout.
The video below showcases the next chapter in Hillbrook's story.
Thank you to ex-students Jono Kirkham and Gavin Parry - Yes You - for the music Frivolous Life [ft. Marcus Azon]
You can follow the journey of Hillbrook 2020 through the photos and videos we share here.
Hillbrook 2020 News
Throughout the design process, consultation with the School and the wider community has been extensive. The project team meets regularly with, and reports to School Leadership Team, Parents & Friends Association and Student Representative Council to give insight and direction of the needs of the school.