We work holistically with our students providing both academic and social/emotional support.
The Enrichment Centre caters for a diverse range of student needs, abilities and interests.
The Enrichment Centre team work collaboratively with students, families, teachers and Guidance Counsellors to provide students with the support they need to engage effectively with the curriculum. We encourage our students to adopt a ‘positive growth mindset’ and aim to ‘build capacity and not dependency’.
Our Enrichment Centre staff attend a limited number of classes in Years 7-10 each week to provide support for any students who might require assistance during that class. Please note this is not individual tutoring.
Hillbrook has a strong academic focus and our students engage in a range of intellectually challenging subjects. Our curriculum is based on a balance of learning experiences as well as helping students prepare for the future. Hillbrook students study towards an ATAR score and we do not offer Vocational Education Pathways.
The Enrichment Centre is open every lunch hour, on Tuesday afternoon and before school by prior arrangement.
Enrichment Centre Team
We look forward to meeting parents and students and can be contacted either by telephone 3354 3422 or by email.
Paul Broszat firstname.lastname@example.org
Christel Long email@example.com
Chantal Hargreaves firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Anne Patton email@example.com
Fiona Hills firstname.lastname@example.org
The Enrichment Centre can also provide:
Academic and Organisational Skills
- Time management techniques to meet
- Organization of study diaries and notebooks
- Access to a variety of resources
- Assistance with understanding criteria sheets and getting started with assignments
- During lunch times the Enrichment Centre can provide a social meeting place and a friend to talk to confidentially if needed. Students have access to magazines, board games, meditation, puzzles, lego and much more.
- We welcome communication with parents via telephone and email and all parents are also welcome to visit us personally at the Centre.
- Study skills, habits and timetables
- Exam strategies
(which question first, pacing, types of responses, multiple choice techniques)
Organisation of AARA
(Access Arrangements and Reasonable Adjustments)
- Applications for and provision of AARA for exams (change of venue, reader, explanation of terms, extra time, use of laptop). Students must have documentation from specialists (such as psychologists, psychiatrists, paediatricians) to enable this level of support.
- Facilitating applications for special consideration for NAPLAN and ATAR.
- Support during unexpected events – eg. broken arms, family matters and other special circumstances
Ready to Enrol?
Choosing your child’s secondary education is a big step in the life of a parent. If you are ready to take that step you can start your application now, however you don’t have to complete it all in one sitting. Once you start, it will be uniquely saved for you to return and complete when convenient.
You can also find out more about our enrolment process, including our Enrolment Policy and Entry Year Guide.
I’m pretty sure I’ve been planning my senior year since primary school. There’s this one distinct...
The little black and white birds seem to be the messengersUncle Laurie Nilsen Dhirridhirri is...
“Music is the universal language of mankind.”Henry...